Last year, we tried something new.
We combined one of our Car Meets with our Trunk or Treat/Fall Block Party…
And it was a blast!
We had inflatables, free hot dogs, a lot of candy, and some great cars to check out.
Every time we host an event like this that involves families from our church with families from the community, everyone wins.
Next Saturday evening, we will come together to do it again and I hope that you will be involved.
Here are a few ways that you can help make this a successful time with friends, new and old:
1. Set aside Saturday, October 28th from 5:00-7:00pm to be at Journey. If you have a car, truck or bike that you would like to have in the meet, bring it too! The Car Meet may last longer than the block party, but stay as long as you like.
2. Bring candy. Lots and lots of candy. Some car owners will bring candy to give out but we want to have plenty for those who don’t and to give out at the inflatables and snacks. You can bring it this Sunday morning.
3. Food: We will be grilling hot dogs again this year, provided by Journey. We need individual packages of chips and can drinks. We will go through whatever you bring, so we are not doing a sign up sheet. Just bring it with you on Sunday. If you want to bring it to the event, please let Scott or Mark know.
4. Take time to visit all of the different vehicles that will be present. Car Meets are not just to show off cars, it’s an opportunity to get to know other enthusiasts and see the many unique interests and styles that are out there. Get to know those who show up!
5. Clean Up: We will probably start closing down the inflatables and the food around 7:00 as it gets dark. If you can stick around and help clean up, it is greatly appreciated!
I hope you will join us for an incredibly fun night and a chance to make some new friends. If you are available to help setup, grill, or to help in any other way, please contact Mark or Scott.
See you soon!